THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Our Hollywood actors used to be real people

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Hollywood actors used to be real people Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
So many of them played down their military service, too. They understood and deeply respected the price so many of their fellow soldiers had paid.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16372 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the old days, Hollywood promoted family values, now Weirdness sells. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
John Wayne was a hero when I was a kid. Jimmy Stewart and James Arness others. Met Ken Curtis (Festus Hagan) at the ABC Rodeo in Lubbock, TX as a kid. Watched Gunsmoke on prime time.

Today...TV is a sad state of affairs.

Every morning when my son and I eat breakfast (we get up early about 5am before the girls) we watch the Lone Ranger...amazing what good values shows like that taught.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
John Wayne? That guy never served.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Does every hero have to serve in the military?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
John Wayne? That guy never served.

Kinda like Bob Hope, Gary Sinese, and all the pretty girls they bring to entertain the troops. You won't find any military bad mouthing them or the Duke. Only people such as yourself.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread is about actors and actresses who served.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It 'is' xgrunt's thread...guess it can be about what he wants it to be. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Actor Sterling Hayden was a WW2 marine + serving member in the OSS. I'm sure he had fun playing Col. Jack Ripper in Dr. Strangelove.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Wayne never served. If I'm not mistaking he tried but too a football injury wasn't allowed to. He done a lot of military movies as his way of showing support for the troops.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep + as mentioned before,Bob Hope + Gary Sinise among others doing their part. My son when over in the sandbox during a USO show had his picture taken with Gary Sinise.Short guy with a good heart. My son is the same height as me,6'3" + Gary only came up to his sternum. Also want to interject that I have a problem with all these anti gun actors who made their money in action films;like alec baldwin ad nauseum. I also find that Steven Seagal is one of the few who actually looks like he knows how to fire a 1911.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Football injury? Never heard that before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
Football injury? Never heard that before.

Yup, bad knee if I remember correctly.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the bad knee is correct. John Wayne tried too enlist a couple times. As far as Steven seagall seen something about him a couple years ago the man can shoot.