THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Who is being protected in Virgin Islands? Looters?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is being protected in Virgin Islands? Looters? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:
The NRA is prepared to go head-to-head with U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp, after he signed an executive order to confiscate guns, ammunition and explosives as the area prepares for Hurricane Irma to make landfall.

The order, which was signed on Tuesday according to Fox News, “authorized and directed” the seizure of arms and other incendiary materials that the military could use during this emergency situation.

The National Rifle Association let it be known of its “strong opposition” to Mapp’s order, stating in a press release:

“People need the ability to protect themselves during times of natural disaster,” Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action said. “This dangerous order violates the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens and puts their lives at risk.”

The NRA has been down this road before, when New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin signed a similar order ahead of the devastating Hurricane Katrina. The lawsuit stated that New Orleans violated gun owners’ constitutional right to bear arms and “left them at the mercy of roving gangs, home invaders, and other criminals.”

“When 911 is non-existent and law enforcement personnel are overwhelmed with search-and-rescue missions and other emergency duties, law-abiding American citizens must be able to protect their families and loved ones,” Cox continued in the press release. “The NRA is prepared to pursue legal action to halt Gov. Mapp’s dangerous and unconstitutional order.”

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Sure as hell isn't the law abiding being protected!

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing story. Decent, Law-abiding people are being disarmed by a government that can't protect them, at a time when they are most vulnerable and need protection the most.

This is a topic for the POLITICAL FORUM.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lost all my guns......have no idea what happened to them.....

Mad

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep,sorry sherriff,the looters got here before you did.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who's son has a home in St.Thomas V.I. He has a concrete home + he is a Texas boy so I know he will do all right + I'm sure any looters can be dumped at sea.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
If the dumba$$ gov got his way and peoples guns were confiscated so the thugs could take over I suggest the local decent citizens explain to the gov what "Walk The Plank" is and let him demonstrate it first hand.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Should become law Local, state and federal that during any declared emergency "looters will be shot on sight".

Remember the one untouched business during the Watts Riots WAY back when?

Jus sayin . . .

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works for me;also takes some out of the shallow end of the gene pool