Find
Notify
Tools

Spooky stuff! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of badboymelvin
posted
Hi guys,

I have a sincere question for you all and I hope it's taken seriously. I have asked this question on other forums and have had some very interesting replies!
My question is that while out hunting, camping, hiking etc... have any of you experienced anything spooky or unexplained?
I just got to thinking that as hunters, we're often out in the wilderness in the middle of nowhere and I'm surprised that spooky or unexplained things don't happen. Then I got to thinking that maybe they do it's just that people don't talk about them!
So I'm asking you all, if you have experienced anything unexplained or spooky, please share!

God Bless,

Russ. :-)

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...

Posts: 160 | Location: Melbourne, Australia  | Registered: 19 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spooky ? We were awakened in the middle of the night by a "blood curdling scream " .We figured it was a great horned owl getting a rabbit that didn't die quickly though it happened just outside the window. Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

In the mid-60s me and a group of friends were hunting mule deer on McGregor Range, part of the firing range at White Sands Missile Range near Alamogordo, New Mexico. It was only a two-day, draw hunt.

The first day one of our guys dropped a buck in the mountains, miles from camp. After we got back together at camp that first evening, we decided we had to go after him in the middle of the night because the rest of us only had the second day remaining to hunt.

The base of the mountains were a mile or so from camp. There was a full moon. We were all tired and decided to sleep a few hours, then start walking/climbing, following the shooter's lead until we found the buck and packed him out. The only ones left in camp were my girl friend and a friend's wife. We pulled two vehicles around to face the mountain, and told the girls to give us 30 minutes then turn the lights on for a minute or so every fifteen minutes so we could stay oriented and find our way back, but not run the batteries down.

At about 1:00am we started out. We were still in the desert when the lights came on the first time, and we saw all four head lights. An hour or so later we were on the slope and the four lights were so far away that it looked like just two lights.

After two more hours of climbing and searching for the buck, we were worn-out. The shooter couldn't recognize the terrain anymore after going in all directions. We told him he would have to find his buck, we were headed back. The headlights were just a single speck, like a star, as we started off the mountain.

As we got into our descent, we got separated and strung-out down the mountain. That is when I noticed a dim light off to my left, about 200 yards away. I thought it was one of the guys, but when I stopped, it stopped. I decided it must be the moon reflecting off a spent missile part. I started walking again, but kept my eye on it. It seemed to be paralleling me. I stopped, it stopped. I started moving, it started moving. I turned towards it, it moved away.

I stopped behind a large mesquite. It stopped moving. I waited about five minutes and it seemed to be coming towards me slowly. The hair was standing up on the back of my neck, and my heart was pounding. I started walking again, and it backed away from me and stayed parallel to me as "we" came off the mountain.

When I finally got on the flat, it stopped shadowing me, and when I was about a quarter mile from the vehicles it vanished.

I was totally spooked by then. When I got to the trucks, the girls were huddled together in one. I didn't say anything, just sat there wracking my brain trying to understand what the Hell I'd just witnessed. About thirty minutes later the other guys started to stumble in.

When everyone was in, and no one had mentioned anything, I decided it was just my imagination. My brother and I were about to sack-out, and then he said, "did you see anything strange coming off the mountain"?

Oh Sh*t! It wasn't my imagination. We compared notes. We both saw the same thing, except he thought "it" cut the distance between them every time he looked away. That explained why he was walking so fast when he finally got to the truck; but I've never been able to explain anything else to this day.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1991, on a mule deer hunt in the Gila National Forest in central New Mexico. We had called it a night and the three of us all bedded down in the sheepherder's tent, when all at once the tent was absolutely bathed in bright, white light. No automobile noise, no ATV noise, nothing; just an intense illumination of the tent and all three of us. It was as bright as mid-day sun.

The light was there for maybe five seconds, and then everything went black again. My buddy said "Bubba, you see that?" I told him yes, and he said, You know, that was no Q-Beam." I agreed. He then said, "Well, you know we are in the state with the highest number of UFO sightings." I again agreed, and that was the end of it. We drifted off to sleep.

No idea what it was, but it wasn't a spotlight. That, I am absolutely certain of...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote