THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    political correctness at WVU.........

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

political correctness at WVU......... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
.....give me a break. The team name is Mountaineers, what do they think a mountaineer carries a rifle for?

quote:
CHARLESTON, W.Va.—West Virginia University has ordered its musket-toting mascot to stop using his university-issued weapon on hunting trips after an online video showed him killing a black bear.

In the video, Jonathan Kimble is shown firing the muzzle-loaded long gun at the bear in a tree.

WVU spokesman John Bolt says officials spoke to Kimble about it and that the mascot broke no laws.

Kimble said Friday that he's been hunting all his life and this was the first black bear he's ever killed.

He says he apologizes if anyone was offended by him killing the bear.

The WVU mascot wears buckskin and a coonskin cap and fires the musket—minus ammunition—at home athletic events and school-sponsored events.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
those Obama voting hillbillies are turning into real puzzies. The state motto is no longer, "mountaineers are always free" but rather "what kinda free shit do I get if'n I vote for you?" Byrd got them real well trained with his hand outs for votes programs.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Instead of the rifle he should carry an American flag upside down ! thumbdown
Give a prayer also for the poor racoon !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgive my impertinence, but isn't the issue that the University owns the gun and he was using it for his own purposes, and presumably without their permission? If he likes to hunt, and hunt black powder, why not buy his own gun? Or is that too hard for you guys to figure out. Oh wait, WVU took this action on the direct orders of Obama, right? Watch out, the Feds are coming to take away our black powder guns!
Peter.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps there is a grain or two of truth in what you are saying but not too many years ago, it would have been a non-issue.
From your remarks, you seem to feel that gun control and government incroachment into our lives is a myth or perhaps a joke. If so, one day, you're gonna have a very rude awakening.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote