New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish I'd bought this tank........ Login/Join 
one of us
posted
quote:
Tank Collector Finds Over $2 Million Worth of Gold Bullion Stashed Inside Iraqi Tank

A military vehicle collector thought he was striking gold on a deal that included an army lorry and an Abbot self-propelled gun for a Type-69 tank, a Chinese variant of the T54 developed by Russians and sold to Iraq to use in the 1991 Persian Gulf War.

After receiving the tank, Nick Mead, 55, discovered he literally had struck gold when he found five gold bullion bars worth more than £2 million ($2,474,600.00) stashed in the fuel tank.

Mead reportedly had this to say upon his golden discovery, “We didn’t know what to do. You can’t exactly take five gold bullion bars down to Cash Converters without questions being asked, so we called the police.”

Nick, and mechanic Todd Chamberlain, who assisted in the discovery, believe the gold was looted by the Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait during the Gulf War.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep + 2 will get you 4 that the government will get at least 75% of that. I had a friend years ago that did deep water treasure reviving + that was the rule;once it hit American soil,the Gov. took 75%.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, if I had found it, the government would never have heard about it....I'd melt/cut it up, take it to some gold refiners in smaller lots, trade it for Mex 50 pesos or other non-report required coins and sell them as I needed extra cash. True, I would lose a couple or three percent in the transactions but the rest would belong to me and mine.

But, I suspect that is not possible in England. Quien sabe?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is always buyers for gold in any quanties for cash. Just a little at a time goes along way.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would keep it to myself and then sell bits and pieces off, or through a 3rd party.

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote