THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Tred Barta - condition after a stroke

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tred Barta - condition after a stroke Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Does anyone know what condition Tred is in after having a stroke about a year ago?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Here's the last thing I saw a couple of months ago on the Hunt the West web site.

Tred Barta Update

Tred Barta Update
October 2, 2009.

Tred Barta, noted outdoorsman and host of the TV show The Best and Worst of Tred Barta on the Versus network, has ended three months of hospitalization and returned to his Colorado home to continue to recover from debilitating injuries suffered last May.

Originally diagnosed with a a rare spinal stroke, Barta is actually suffering from an equally obscure condition known as Waldenstrom's Disease, a cancer-like illness that thickens the blood.

The damage from the disease cost Barta the use of his legs, but it remains to be seen how much this will slow him down — he has been steadily practicing archery from the wheel chair to which he is now confined.

Versus has renewed his show for next year, and all of his sponsors are still with him.

“My goal now is to encourage others,” Barta said. “I want to inspire people, to be a role model."

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope that he makes a good recovery he has one of the only shows that is worth watching.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my close friends is very close to Tred and has been speaking to him on a regular basis. As of around 3 weeks ago, he is not doing well emotionally.......evidently, having a very rough time coping with his condition.

We all wish him the best......support from friends and family is the only thing that will get him through this. That, and faith.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
His show was one of the few I liked,back when Versus was on Directv. Frowner

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
I hope he pulls through the emotional battles. Most often they are the toughest. From the little i've seen of his shows, he is one heck of a guy, and if anyone can get through a tough situation, he can. Afterall, his opening song says it all, You're the man, Tred Bartam You're the MAN!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can any of the posters here, from Colorado, find out Tred's mailing address (or e-mail) so some of us can send along our support for his recovery. I really enjoy his shows and personality and look forward to his future shows, in whatever capacity he has to share.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This past week Versus had a special program about Barta. I took a long time to diagnose the very rare spinal stroke which left him paralyses from waist down. He then had a second problem which made things worse.
At this point he's already shooting his bow !! it will take some time to adjust from very active to restrictive life .He'll find the best way to deal with this ,he's not giving up !

posted Hide Post
The condition in question is a blood disease called Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia. It is similar to multiple myeloma, and is treatable although so far not curable. One effect is an increase in the viscosity, or a thickening, of the blood from abnormal proteins. That likely was the direct cause of his spinal cord damage.

Posts: 20 | Location: South of Mason Dixon | Registered: 15 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I hope he makes a full and complete recovery

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked his show, I wish him a full recovery.