New
Find
Notify
Tools

Club 50/50. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
This weekend we are doing our first club flea market. No guns. We are trying to raise some money (very little) and get members to participate.

50% of all sales go to the club so i don't expect too much from it. I have a big box of stuff that will be 100% to the club.

Does anyone else do anything similar.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, in the past, I have aranged "Turkey Shoots", basically matches for center fire + rimfire at targets for a frozen turkey as the prize. I did these for benefits like the local volunteer fire dept. , etc. We would get a member who had connections in the grocery chain for discounts on turkeys, we would pay for them + anything after the match went to the charity org. The last one I did, + will never do another, was for the Ladies Garden club in our community. A few friends + I did all the work + there was anyone from their org. Or their husbands come out to help, but wanted to know how much money I raised for them. Never again! Some folks will ride a free horse to death.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That anyone was supposed to be no one. Bad quick typing on my end, but I think the point was made.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
My gun club is in good financial health so the club didn't take any $$ when we had a "trunk sale" last summer. Anyone selling just parked their vehicle on the trap field and sold their excess stuff out of their trunk or pickup bed. No guns but some bargains were there. I bought a mint Leupold M8x6x42 scope for $100 and two bricks of Federal gold Match 215 mag primers for $30 each.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote