THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Congratulations to Josh Lambert, a fine young man who is the kicker for WVU.....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations to Josh Lambert, a fine young man who is the kicker for WVU..... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
.....he beat TCU in overtime yesterday with a 35 yard field goal....30-27.

He is CLOSELY related to an old curmudgeon who posts on this site.

A fine young man who took a nice deer on my place a few years back. My wife also taught him what deer friend steak is supposed to be...... Wink

I'll have to pull for UT this week, with 2 kids there, but I admire Josh's skill and hope he does well. If he keeps this up, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the NFL in a few years.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very kindly. Josh only ate 3lbs of you wife's deer steak. He loved it and the hunt. I hate it that Josh's mount was lost in a house fire.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie, He was named Big 12 Special Team player of the week. He set the WVU record for longest FG by a freshman at 50yds and is on pace to be the alltime freshman scorer.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it was a close hard fought game, but Texas managed to pull it out with a TD in overtime.

Josh did all he could do, one FG and 5 PATs.

Congrats to both teams.

Here's an article I found on Josh from a few days back in the Dallas Morning News (sounds to me like some Div 1 Teams should be kicking their scouts):

quote:
Former Garland kicker Josh Lambert, whose kick beat TCU on Saturday, thriving at West Virginia
By Matt Wixon
November 7, 2013

TCU fans don’t have good memories of West Virginia kicker Josh Lambert from Saturday, when the redshirt freshman hit a 35-yard field goal in overtime to win the game.

But I’m happy to see Lambert doing well. Back when Lambert was a junior at Garland, I did a story on him after he kicked three field goals of more than 50 yards in a season, including a school-record 53-yarder.

“We’ve been fortunate to have some really good kickers come through here over the years, but he’s right up there with them,” Garland coach Jeff Jordan said at the time. “He can really the blast the football.”

Despite that, Lambert didn’t have a Division I scholarship offer on national signing day in 2012. But after West Virginia saw a video of him kicking, he was offered a scholarship the day after signing day.

Things are going pretty well now for Lambert. He he has made nine consecutive field goals ranging in distance between 21 to 50 yards, and he is 13 for 17 this season with only one miss from inside 50 yards.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Charlie. He is now 19th of 177 kickers in D1 football in field goals and 59th in total points out of 1626 players that have scored in D1 football. He's not real happy with his performance, but I think he is doing well as a freshmen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a good shooter 8 point this evening (heavy, high tines, about 18-19 inches), just a few hundred yards from where Josh shot his. I could have killed it, but I was driving my truck taking some liquid feed to my cattle and it just didn't seem like the right way to do it.

With the colleges having classes on Wed before Thanksgiving, there is hardly time for the kids to come home and hunt much at all, what with all the "social" activities that are necessities at that age.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,
I don't know what he will do for Thanksgiving. His room mates folks are great and may be there to take care of them. Some family will go to Kansas this weekend to support him.
If your wife fixes them some deer steaks they will have no excuse not to come home.