Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jobs in Africa? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I'm at a cross roads in life and wanted some advice/input.

I worked in the IT department for Washington Mutual Bank in the US for the last decade. As some may know, last September WaMu was acquired by JP Morgan Chase. I was put on a one year retention package to close out and integrate the services of my team. That package ends this month.

I am faced with some decisions on what to do next. I fell in love with Africa on my 2007 Safari to Namibia and if I could write my own job description it would somehow entail the need to split my time between Africa and the US.

I am at a loss however in how to start looking for such a job. I would like to ask those on this forum if they know of any industries or even better, Companies that do regular business spanning the US and Africa.

I am fairly adaptable so I am not quite as concerned with a particular type of industry, or the specific job at this time. I am just looking for some ideas on Industries or companies that fit in such a role.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I hire IT experts from time to time for projects in Africa. Send a letter and a CV to lbrecrut@louisberger.com and we have a web site www.louisberger-france.com

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wink! I'll get something out this evening.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote