New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longhorn Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
My wife broke both her wrists so I've been doing her chores and feeding our 8 horses and cattle. I forgot how nice Bart's horns really are..........notice the blaze- the great state of Texas in reverse!!!

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice set of horns. I sold the last of my longhorns, about 150, this spring. I really miss them but I won't miss trying to keep them out of the neighbor's wheat. I had some nice horns but we didn't have any steers.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A few years ago a woman moved here from Houston + brought her registered Longhorns.Well our local cowboy who owns all the land around here,was born in 1920,+ still works cattle even at his age,although he has more help now. The lady moved her longhorns into a pasture that was right next to Elroy's who had a bull of questionable heritage but one helluva breeder.Barb wire meant nothing to him,he broke through + serviced all her cows. She was livid! Elroy could not understand;"Hell she good a free breeding." Besides,you will not sue Elroy in Williamson County.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gonna need some extra wide stock trailer to take him to the butcher. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yeah,he is pretty massive + obviously has a lot of stamina.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Bart is a family member and really just another dog. He likes cookies.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longhorns are good on first calf heifers. They throw a smaller calf.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote