New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas gun show Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I'm usually with the family on Thanksgiving but I'll usually make a gun show if they line up.

looks like 2 may line up this year. 1,100 tables is a dream.

http://www.westerntrailsgunandknifeshow.com/

Posts: 6390 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
gun, knife and hunting items only

and beef jerky, sour pickles, Christmas decoration and jewelry.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not this one,but I've gone to a Vegas gun show, definitely worth it for this Canuck. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Cashman show sucks; $14 admission plus $5 parking. The one held at the Sante Fe (or Texas) Station is very small.

Actually, all the shows suck right now; the prices are inflated (MSRP & above), and there are damned few interesting firearms.

Only the Antique Arms Show at the Westgate in January is worth attending.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
George

I haven't been to the Antique Arms Show since it moved to the Westgate. I may go in '17.

Rich

posted Hide Post
Call me when you get here. tu2

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
As much as i like it there, Las Vegas is OFF my vacation list...

Nevada went for Hillary. I WILL NOT spend a dime in that state. The same with the Peoples republic of Kalifornia, New Jersey, NY, anyplace that was blue. I won't go there, won't support any businesses there if I can help it.

These people need to learn that elections have consequences.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So, no SCI Convention for you this year? And the next? No Shot Show? Ah, come on, come and join us. Big Grin Damn the Liberals! tu2

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:

Nevada went for Hillary. I WILL NOT spend a dime in that state. The same with the Peoples republic of Kalifornia, New Jersey, NY, anyplace that was blue. I won't go there, won't support any businesses there if I can help it.

Frank,

Over the last six elections, wasn't Pennsylvania carried by Obama (twice), Kerry, Gore, and Bill Clinton (twice)?

Did folks stomp their feet and refuse to visit Pennsylvania and patronize PA-based businesses??

George

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Attended the Wanenmacher's Gun Show in Tulsa this weekend for the first time. If you think 1,100 tables is big, try 4,200 tables. I was stunned at the size of the show. We were there from 9:00 to 5:00 on Saturday and it took us every minute to walk the show. Same on Sunday although many vendors started packing up right after lunch. I think a better plan would have been to do the lower half on Saturday and the upper half on Sunday. It was an amazing show . . . go to any "regular" gun show and see maybe 3 or 4 Nylon 66's. At Tulsa, one vender will have more than a dozen on his tables. Go to a "regular" gun show and maybe you will find one M1D. At Tulsa you will see a dozen. A mecca for Winchester and Colt collectors. Everything from the run of mill gun show fodder to $20,000+ firearms. Worth experiencing.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, I have been to the Tulsa show once. It was amazing.
Hope to go in April 17.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I did tulsa twice 06 and 07, the second time a guy got shot in the ass by a ricochet from a 22 brought into the show.

The best show I've been to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Denver show is another great one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crossroads (iirc) in SLC is a good one as well.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Crossroads (iirc) in SLC is a good one as well.

It's not what is was in the 1980s but it's a lot better than some of the ones around here.
For those wanting to boycott California, take another look at the red/blue map; Hillary got most of the coast and Lake Tahoe, the rest is red.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:

Frank,

Over the last six elections, wasn't Pennsylvania carried by Obama (twice), Kerry, Gore, and Bill Clinton (twice)?

Did folks stomp their feet and refuse to visit Pennsylvania and patronize PA-based businesses??

George

Yes George, Pennsylvania moved to the dark side many election cycles ago.. and I don't vacation there anymore either. I know the few bucks I spend in these states will go unnoticed, but it makes me feel good NOT to support them.

and if enough people protested and didn't go to the Shot show in LV, maybe they would move it out from behind the Iron Curtain to someplace that is still free... Like maybe Dallas.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The barely successful UBC ballot initiative cannot be undone for three years, even if we were able to toss out the new Democrat majority in both chambers in 2018; that is the way the state constitution is set up.

Las Vegas hosted almost 22,000 conventions last year. The convention authority is non-partisan.

CES (110,000 attendees) and SEMA (160,000 attendees) are the big shows. SHOT (#10, 62,000 attendees) and SCI (#37, 14,000 attendees) are relatively small conventions by comparison.

SHOT and SCI woulds have to make a point as to why they're pulling their conventions for the duration that the UBC law is in effect. Still, there won't be any political impact until the 2018 elections.

The good thing is that our AG is pro-gun and voiced strong opposition to this law. Our hope is that he 'clarifies' the law in such a manner so as to castrate it.

George

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
on a lighter note. the car show is the same weekend 11/25-27 at the (hilton) convention center. 350 cars

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
George

I haven't been to the Antique Arms Show since it moved to the Westgate. I may go in '17.

Rich

For this year, the ACGG will have a presence there, kind of an Ad-Hoc affair, please come

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jim,

It's only fifteen minutes or so from where I live, so I intend to be there!

If you're going to be there, I will look for the ACGG tables.

George