Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Troll Alert Login/Join 
posted
Wanted to warn you folks you have a new troll. I have lurked here for years and when I saw him show up here I thought you should know. He has a bad habit of throwing around a bunch of information that just is not true. When called out on it he usually just changes names and starts over. His real name is Larry Root. Do not trust him, do not do and business with him. Just a warning.

I got this PM from him today.

quote:

Posted 07 January 2013 19:28
Problem for you, and all the other 24hrcampfire trolls that NSAQAM has ordered to come over here as "new members" under fake IDs, is that people over here are not afraid of you trolls, the site is not owned by a coward and there are moderators and they do their job.

Unlike you yellow bellies, I am not a serial liar, am not hiding under a desk, never made any death threats against anyone and do not have four active police reports or two BOLOs on me.

Our club has many members on the campfire and come as go as we wish. Our actions there were necessary due to the trolls running that site. That is not needed here (or the dozens of other sites we belong to).

You would really get a big surprise IF you could read our PMs and emails from members on either.
site.

The great mystery remains" What are you trying to accomplish ? Thus far your actions have only resulted in trouble for y'all and provided a vast data base for both criminal and civil legal action. Perhaps you are brighter than the other dimbulbs and could explain in plain English what the desired outcome is ?

Spewing hatred, threats and lies is hardly indicative of a man who CLAIMS to be "In HIS Service" !

Betting on "no reply" .... you got the balls to prove me wrong ?

This is my reply.

I am using the same name I have used on forums and e-lists for close to twenty years. Look at the date I joined. You are so well known for your name switching and you trolling tactics at the Campfire you no longer have any successes there. So it appears you are here in your attempts to spoil another great forum with your bloviating and out and out lies. My intent was to inform these folks to just ignore you and not be fooled by you.

In HIS Service
Scott F

Posts: 9 | Location: Discovery Bay, WA | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
There is always the ignore option and at that point those offended by him would not have to read his posts....

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I added him to my ignore list at the other forum whenever we found his new name. I only wanted to warn you all when I saw him here.

In HIS Service
Scott F

Posts: 9 | Location: Discovery Bay, WA | Registered: 19 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's his name here??????/

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I believe Larry Root goes by "45-70 shooter".

I sold him a rifle here on AR and the transaction went off without a hitch. In our conversations before and after the sale I found him to be a stand-up guy who has great taste in rifles.

Having said that, quite a few members whom I respect here on AR have had bad things to say about him due to run-ins over on 24HCF.

And there seems to be a few guys who have signed on here only to attach Mr. Root. One of these guys called Larry a liar and posted information that I personally know to be false.

AFAIK, Larry Root has conducted himself honorably here on AR. Maybe he pissed people off on another site, and I don't blame them for disliking the guy. But I believe we should give him the benefit of the doubt here on AR unless he does something out of line.

BTW, Saeed has stated that PMs should stay between members and not be quoted on the forum. Ironically, the PM that was quoted on this thread shows Larry in a good light IMO.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
His last one didn't, but I will not post.

This was intended to be a warning. If he continues to behave himself here then more power to him.

I will not say any more about him.

In HIS Service
Scott F

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott F:
His last one didn't, but I will not post.

This was intended to be a warning. If he continues to behave himself here then more power to him.

I will not say any more about him.

In HIS Service
Scott F

That signature kinda reminded me of this joke

A lady was in line behind a man at a red light. Her SUV had a Jesus fish and several Christian type bumper stickers. The man in front of her wasn't paying attention and sat through the green light. She was laying on the horn and cussing him but good, even giving him the finger. After getting through the light a police officer puller her over. After giving him her license and registration the officer told her that he'd pulled her over because after seeing the bumper stickers and her behavior, he'd assumed that she'd stolen the SUV.

If you're gonna hang the sign, obey the rules. Just sayin'

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Daniel. A reminder for us all.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote