The Accurate Reloading Forums
In Your State ?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/1351039431

23 June 2010, 03:39
22WRF
In Your State ?
In your state, or province, or county, if you pick up a dead wild animal on your property and claim it as your own do you legally own it? Or to put it another way, if a wild animal dies of natural causes on your property do you then have a property interest in it?
23 June 2010, 07:47
billinthewild
In Arizona you need call Game & Fish to report it, and they will most likely allow you to keep it....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt
26 June 2010, 04:37
Kensco
This doesn't fall under the heading of "your own property", but I'm curious if the guys in Texas can tell me if things have changed. I had a mechanic travel to a rig down by Ozona about thirty years ago. He came upon a doe that had been hit by a truck. It was still kicking when he pulled up. Damage to head, but body in good shape. He threw her in the bed of his truck. Unfortunately, he got stopped later for speeding, and he came out several hundred dollars lighter, and several hours late trying to explain what had happened.

The "law" told him to leave it next time. It was out of season. For all they knew he shot it in the head then ran over the head to destroy evidence of poaching. They weren't very sympathetic back then.
27 June 2010, 18:45
RVL III
Still can't pick up a game animal on the side of the road w/o the game warden's permission.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802