Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GunsInt. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Has anyone had issues logging on to the Gunsinternational web site?

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been trying for several days. Still can not connect.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought maybe it was just an issue with my computer but several others are experiencing the same issue.

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just tried it at 1:55 pm CST on 8/18 with no problems

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm getting "server DNS address could not be found" for
gunsinternational.com.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

You type a name like "gunsinternational.com" in your browser and a request is forwarded to a Domain Name Server (DNS) to translate what you typed into the IP address the website name is associated with. For example, 69.63.128.230 is the address for GunsInternaitonal.com. The Domain Name Servers have a file with a list of domain names and IP (numerical) addresses. When the IP address is identified, your browser is forwarded to that IP address. You don't see it happening because the website domain name still shows in your browser address bar.

If the particular Domain Name Server your system forwards requests to (usually a primary and an alternate) is having problems you will see a DNS error message. Often you will see something like "address could not be found", "Unable to Find...", "DNS Server Not Responding", or something similar.

Your ISP will have things set up to use their default DNS servers. CenturyLink, my ISP, has been having intermittent DNS problems for weeks. I tired of it and configured my system to forward to a pair of public DNS servers.

Gibson Research has a really nice benchmark tool for determining the best DNS servers for your location. It is totally free: https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm If nothing else you can see how your currently configured DNS servers stack up against others.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Grenadier. My computer skills are poor so help is appreciated. Our internet provider is Exede and we have not had trouble in the past but my wife is going to call them to sort out the matter.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They do have some great pieces on there. I bought (among others) a 1908 1st run Luger ,all matching,+ yes I would sell it if the price was right.Not hijacking thread,just commenting on their quality of weaponry offered.Glad they are back on line.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote