New
Find
Notify
Tools

Balloon Boy Saga All a Hoax... Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
quote:
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The parents who set off a worldwide drama by reporting their 6-year-old son was inside a flying saucer-like helium balloon hurtling over Colorado concocted the stunt to market themselves for a television show, a sheriff said Sunday.

Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said at an extraordinarily candid news conference that the boy, Falcon Heene, may not have even been hiding in the rafters of the family's garage during the intense five-hour search for him Thursday afternoon.

"For all we know he may have been two blocks down the road playing on the swing in the city park," the sheriff said.

Alderden said the parents Richard and Mayumi Heene "put on a very good show for us, and we bought it."

The sheriff said no charges had been filed yet, and the parents weren't under arrest. He said he expected to recommend charges of conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities and attempting to influence a public servant.

Some of the most serious charges each carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

If all of this is proved in a court of law, these guys should go up for as long as the law allows. The FAA had to divert airplanes around this stupid thing. That makes it federal. Could someone want TV exposure so badly that they are willing to do something this stupid? Makes me happy I was born in the 1950s of parents born in the 1920s and 1930s...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad this is what becomes big news to the left leaning media when so many other things in our government are going on that they chose to ignore and I agree they should deal with these people by throwing the book at them.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone is fighting to get in front of the camera and become famous. It's disgusting. Drop eight babies; get famous.

If someone had been killed tracking the balloon or trying to "save" the boy it would have been a real tragedy.

It bugs me that trash has become a hot property for TV "reality programs". I understand the piece of trash from Chicago that got caught trying to sell Obama's senate seat is going to be part of Donald Trump's Apprentice "reality" show.

First J. Jackson, then Sharpton became hot media properties. Somehow if you keep your face on TV long enough, you become respectable. I don't understand how that happens, but I won't be surprised if a serial killer or pedophile appears on Larry King Live, or David Letterman in my lifetime. Think of the ratings as they tell us why they did what they did.

The US has gotten in a Hell of a shape.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whew!.....glad to hear it was a hoax, I thought Michael Jackson was ordering take-out from Heaven.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whew!.....glad to hear it was a hoax, I thought Michael Jackson was ordering take-out from Heaven.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote