THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Are Our DIY Projects Being Hacked By The Russians Or The Chinese?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Our DIY Projects Being Hacked By The Russians Or The Chinese? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Two days ago I decided to clean the coils on our refrigerator since they hadn't been cleaned in about twenty years. I did a great job, but then when putting the vacuum cleaner back up, I dropped it and a part burst that cannot be replaced. I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner for my wife.

Yesterday I planned to also clean the condenser coils on my A/C units outside, particularly the one on the west side of my house. I worked around to the side of the unit nearest to the exterior wall and suddenly was attacked by a swarm of wasps. I got bitten three times. Where the lines went through the wall, the wasps had made a nest, and when I disturbed them, they attacked.

Coincidence?.....I don't think so.

I used to get better results than this with DIY projects. (The yellow-jackets looked a little Chinese to me.)

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get that communist vacuum out there and give those slanty eyed wasps what for,,, you know at night time when they all home and inactive.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sealed those yellow jackets up in the wall. I went in just before dusk and laid down a barrage of Great Stuff Pestblock. They are going to have to gnaw their way out. I WIN!.....for now. I have a swollen right elbow to remember them by.

Only one more DIY project to go. What can go wrong?

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
To answer your initial question: Both. Big Grin But, I digress.... Back to your wasp problem. Just wait. At the moment when you don't expect it, the survivors who now hate you with an eternal communist hatred will stick their ugly Chinese looking heads out somewhere else in the cracks of your house and sting you again, and again and again! You're screwed! rotflmo clap rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Speaking of vacuum cleaners, I have been searching high and low for a replacement motor for my 1985 built Eureka canister vac. Yes, it is THAT old and has been THAT good. Was American made too! Finally found one and ordering it tomorrow.

This place has a lot of parts. You can email them if you can't find what you are looking for and they may just have it.

VacSite.com

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Sources of parts houses are good to find; even more so as now we seem to live in a 'disposable' nation. If it craps, buy another. I took an elec. metal hand shear into a repair center about 13 years ago because to replace it would have cost $800.00 + they fixed it for $25.00. You're right Ann, those older Eureka canisters were + are a great vac.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote