Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things You Should Never Have To Buy Login/Join 
one of us
posted
There are things that just seem to accumulate; pocket knives, ball point pens, golf tees, golf balls for that matter*, ball caps**, cologne***, wind breakers, rubber bands, cleaning patches, twist ties. If I was in the business of making any of this stuff, I would get out.

* I find as many balls as I lose.

** Everyone has their company logo on a gimme ball cap. I've got 334, including 27 camo caps.

*** A 2 oz. bottle of Eau de Toilette lasts me 21 years, and counting.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem is, you know you got it someplace, but can't find it when you need it, and get impatient and go and buy another one.

"Ah, I knew I already had one of these".

one of us
posted Hide Post
Definite truth in that.

I guess that is how I wound up with three pairs of pruning shears, and three limb saws. Good thing my son and son-in-law live nearby. They are the lucky ones. They don't buy anything. They just wait for me to divvy up the goods.

To my list of things no one should ever have to buy I'm adding shampoo & conditioner, and sugar or sugar substitutes. Just spend a night in a hotel or go to a restaurant for Christ sake. The stuff is there for the taking.

I was going to add napkins to my list, but we went to Outback Steakhouse restaurant last month, and were stunned when they apologized for having run out of napkins. All they had was the little cocktail napkins. My fear was that the rest of the AR bunch hit OS before I got there and stole all the napkins.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't skip the early days ! There was one period in my life somewhere around 10 years old [early '50s ] where there were two items of prominance we got for birthday/Christmas . one was handkerchiefs ,I think I still might have one or two !! and the other was wallets .At least in those days kids had no money for wallets .Thay lasted years ! cuckoo