New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hugh Glass Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Just saw on the cover of the new Cowboy + Indian mag. that they are making another movie about the mountain man Hugh Glass,starring Leonardo DeCaprrio in the role. I have not seen the movie as it's not out yet nor the screneplay but I must confess with no malice intended that he is not the actor for the part. I might be proven wrong. At least it will bring a plethora of female viewers to see a man get mauled by a grizzly + then walk through the wilderness to the coast.The last movie was "Man In The Wilderness" starring Richard Harris in 1970 if I remember correctly. It is a true story + a true test of will power to survive. I hope he does the story well,for Hugh's sake.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that would be two of us.

I think the movie is called "The Revenant".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to seeing the movie as well. Anyone's initial reaction is that DeCaprio is too much of a pretty boy to pull off this part, but I suspect he will do quite well. He is a talented actor.

I enjoyed "The Great Gatsby", although that is not surprising as I'm somewhat of a Faulkner fan. I did find the anachronisms with the cars somewhat annoying.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Fitzgerald, but we knew who you were talking about!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote