New
Find
Notify
Tools

Houston taxidermist
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need some recommendations for taxidermists in the general Houston area. Not looking for high end studios or top dollar artists, but someone that does decent work on simple mounts for a reasonable price. Not too worried about turnaround time.

Posts: 62 | Location: USA / Temporarily South Korea | Registered: 18 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Rowdy Woodson (Woods & Water Taxidermy.)
http://woodsandwatertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
+1 on Rowdy and Dena Woodson. They are both active supporters of the Sportsmen Against Hunger program in Houston at the Star of Hope homeless mission. Good folks.

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike Baird at B&B Taxidermy, He has been doing my work since 1995. A hard working honest guy

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Try Ben at Tri-State
http://www.tri-statetaxidermy.com/

+1
The job Ben did on my leopard is second to none

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your recommendation.

Posts: 62 | Location: USA / Temporarily South Korea | Registered: 18 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Brush Country for years. Rocky and Dian sold a year or so ago and the new owner handled my 2013 safari. (elephant, 2 buff, leopard full mount, sable, assorted plains game). I was pleased with the result and am using them for my 2015 safari (leopard, 3 buffalo, sable, plains game) They do nice work.

I've seen work done by others recommended here and it looks good as well.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote