Picture of Osage  Taxidermy
posted

Osage Taxidermy
Hastings Ne
402 984 0855
osagetaxidermy.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every fireplace and trophy room deserves a great Buffalo!

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Giving you that look of disgust! Well done!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, agree it looks awesome. Going on my bison hunt in a couple years. Any advice on shoulder mount, or European skull and a full sized rug?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Miller:
Thanks for posting this, agree it looks awesome. Going on my bison hunt in a couple years. Any advice on shoulder mount, or European skull and a full sized rug?

When I shot mine it took us 10 hours to skin him out for a shoulder mount and break him down into reasonably portable pieces and get him into the truck. Granted this was with him on the ground not hoisted from a front end loader. Would have been much faster to skin him out for a flat skin but, as I stood over him not having made up my mind, I knew that it had to be a shoulder mount. Such a grand old beast deserves nothing less. Of course, there is the issue of space. I didn't adequately plan that but 60 square feet of flat rug would have been equally challenging to accommodate.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

I need one of those!

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing cooler than a big old bull bison shoulder mount. Love the long beard on him.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot one and did a very similar shoulder mount and the back half made a rug that still drapes over an entire couch. The shoulder mount takes up some space but people are in aww when they walk in and see the size and beauty of him.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Very nice job.
Im after a couple of Bison Shoulder mount capes.
Do you know where I could procure some?

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Osage  Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Trackers NZ The cape was from a client as some for sale I cant point you in the right direction Look Mark Hamilton on South Island down by Wanaka Mountain Edge may know where to fetch a couple super keen Bloke

Osage Taxidermy
Hastings Ne
402 984 0855
osagetaxidermy.com