Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mountain lion taxidermy
 Login/Join

posted
I'm heading to Arizona for a mountain lion hunt in January, and was wondering if anyone had anyone they could reccomend as a taxidermist in Arizona. Don't know if I want to chance flying the hide home (back to Indiana) and have it lost, destroyed etc. I'm toying with the idea of leaving it with someone in Arizona. Aall this is pending that I actual ama able to harvest a cat! Thanks

One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
Be real careful, not all taxidermist are created equal with cats,your not buying a car,your buying their talnet, check out their work and make sure they have seen some cats when they were under the tree . Its a very physical hunt,I have been running cats for the last 15 yrs with my hounds and treed over a hundred of them,some are up within an hour where some go 3 days. All bets are off when you release the dogs,your there until you see them at the tree. Its very easy to ship your trophy home or to a reliable full time studio. Call or email if you would like some advise. Good Luck fishing

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog,

If you're hunting with Randy, there's a taxidermist in Camp Verde who has been doing all my work for years. His name is Marc Plunkett and his business is Wildlife Creations.

BUT..be forewarned... he takes a long time to get work done because he's forever loaded with work. So if you contact him, be sure to discuss that aspect. That said, he does fine work. Here's a bear he did for me a couple years ago.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
<The Artistry of Wildlife>
posted
I would NOT worry about shipping your skin or traveling with it on a plane
We have dozens of cats every year shipped to us from clients around the country with never a lost hide.
I have many local clients travel with their cat skin back from a trip frozen or salted on a plane , never a lost hide.
I would be more concerned about the quality of a the taxidermists and delivery time and customer support during the mounting process than leaving with an unknown local taxidermists because of unwarranted fears.

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 180 Day Delivery.
The Artistry of Wildlife

info@artistryofwildlife.com

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog,

We are located in Phoenix, Arizona and would be more than happy to answer any questions or have you come over and look at our cats. Some of the best you will find in Arizona. Chris has been doing taxidermy since 1979, he is a World and National Masters division taxidermist who gives seminars to other taxidermists and sculpts forms for the industry.

Here's a few recent mountain lions and a bobcat to show you our quality. As you know you really need to get a cat's face right, especially the eyes.

I always like to photograph our client's trophies and have a few photo's for them when they come to pick their mount up. We had a client come by yesterday to pick up his life size mountain lion and left the below extra picture on Chris's work table. A little while later another client came in to drop off a deer and saw the picture and asked if it was from a trail camera...can't get any better compliment than that!

Give us a call or drop us an e-mail if you would like. Would be glad to help you with your taxidermy needs or answer any furthur questions.

Kindest regards,
Mary and Chris

Krueger's Creations Taxidermy
Phoenix, Arizona
623-582-0237
halflingrugger@cox.net

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Artistry of Wildlife:
I would NOT worry about shipping your skin or traveling with it on a plane
We have dozens of cats every year shipped to us from clients around the country with never a lost hide.
I have many local clients travel with their cat skin back from a trip frozen or salted on a plane , never a lost hide.
I would be more concerned about the quality of a the taxidermists and delivery time and customer support during the mounting process than leaving with an unknown local taxidermists because of unwarranted fears.

With all this great work, its a shame you cant manage to send out a brochure. Eeker

Got the catalog today. Thanks you for sending it out..
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote