Find
Notify
Tools

Ostrich Feathers Display
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted
Tried this in the African Hunting and got a lot of fun, so will try again for some suggestions.
Any one done or seen a way to display Ostrich Feathers in a Trophy Room?
Have seen some terrific things done with Turkey Feathers so any ideas.......
Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SJB:

You asked a serious question on the African forum and I gave you a smart-assed answer. For that I apologize. I just couldn't get the image out of my head of all the young Masai running along, faces painted, with ostrich plumes sticking up in the air.

A number of years ago, I visited a taxidermy shop in Namibia that had a rather impressive half-mount of an ostrich with wings flared. It was quite nice.

Posts: 10128 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
G'day Lavaca,
Mate I really did a laugh out the replies, all done in fun and read that way.

Thank you for both making me laugh and also a suggestion.

Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In keeping with my original response - now that we're over in the taxidermy thread - I wonder how many full mount Ostrich are to be found ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post

One from a SA Lodge.

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife has the ones we have in a large cut glass vase, sort-of like a flower arrangement. Simple, and looks very nice.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote