THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Too Lazy...no, actually too Busy.... to Clean Skulls

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Lazy...no, actually too Busy.... to Clean Skulls
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, after deer hunting comes skinning, butchering, and then making jerky and it sort of keeps a person tied up for awhile. I wanted to boil the skulls, but i didn't take the time and they set around for about a week. Then, i didn't want to boil something that was already stinky. So i tied the antlers together and suspended in the sewer thinking the microbes that break down wastes would work the same on the deers flesh and just leave the skull.

But after two weeks nuthing had changed much. Now they've been in another couple weeks. I'm going to pull them up tomorrow and check them and i'll report the progress. But has anyone tried this?

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Nope! And don't want to!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
YUCK!!! Smiler
Skulls Unlimited is the only way to clean a skull.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I set them in plain water all the time. In summer it takes about a week, in winter about 3 weeks. Take the skull out and spray with a hand nozzle on a garden hose or a power washere works great. Whne the water starts stinking I just pour it out and put in fresh water.

Posts: 499 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote