THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    How long for tannings here he will call

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long for tannings here he will call
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Took a coyote skin to a taxidermist I have used in the past. I skinned the tail out with the flanks and up the back to the front shoulders. Super nice hide as I wanted to get it tanned and make a cap out of it. Been at the taxidermist for 16 months, he has offered my down payment of 40.00 back but I want the hide back instead of the money. He said the total would be 90.00. He sent it to a place in Victoria, TX. I am begining to think it got lost or someone kept it for themselves. I check with him every couple of weeks and he tells me when it gets here he will call. What can I do but just keep waiting. I think they have had ample time.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 607 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My taxidermist uses a tannery for all his tanning needs and the longest we ever had to wait on the tannery was about 4 months.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I have used South Texas Fur dressing in Victoria for years and their turn around runs between 4-6 mos. As for someone keeping for themselves, I would doubt that , you can buy very nice tanned coyotes on ebay for 50.00-75.00.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2013 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments. I started to buy one but I felt like one I killed on my own ranch would have more meaning. The taxidermist called yesterday and told me to come get it. They did a good job. Smiler
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 607 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote