Find
Notify
Tools

funny story...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I hunted RSA this past April/May.

Had the taxidermy work done by the same company, Trophex, that I used two years ago. My PH went to their shop and took pictures. Pictures looked great. Made arrangements to ship by the same company I used two years ago, Zingela Forwarders.

Trophex notified me the taxidermy work was done in late October. I did a wireless transfer from my bank, no issues.

However, Zingela notified me in early November that the crate was ready to ship. Air Freight was less than $200 more, so I went that way, just like last time. Wireless transfer to their bank.

I keep waiting for a shipping date, sent a couple Emails. Monday I finally get an Email that they have not received the $$$. Tuesday I go to my bank, and they confirm the money was received by Standard Bank of South Africa Limited. They Email Zingela with a copy of the transaction.

Funny thing, when the nice young lady at Zingela takes the print copy of the transfer, the bank mumbles around for best part of an hour, and then discovers that the transfer went to "their other branch in Jo-berg" and has been sitting there for the last four weeks plus. They were apparently unable to figure out, at either branch, that the reference number of Zingela Forwarders #318, was for the shipping.

Even though, it stated so on the transfer, along with Zingela's address and phone number. You just wonder how long the money would have sat there, before somebody figured how to make it disappear.

I never cease to be amazed by Africa.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's for sure!

Having read similar horror stories many times here on AR, I wasn't surprised when a few similar hiccups delayed my trophies leaving Africa...and as a born-and-bred Canuck, I wasn't surprised at the reams of tangled red tape that delayed them further when they got to this side of the pond. Apparently, there is a good chance I will have them on my wall by Christmas this year...does that sound about right, for a hunt that took place in 2009? shocker

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had similar problem this august. I was doing a humanitarian project in Zim. Had wired 16k + had to go thru freaking RSA banks. After a week of no notice from the reciepants in Zim. I begin tracking. After about a week of phone calls and emails from my bank here in the states, we finally found it in a bank in RSA. They had it for nearly two weeks with nobody of that name or address in thier system. Dd they back trace it to send it back or find out about it. Absolutely not! It took them a couple more days to send it back. They would have kept it for sure had my bank not been on them. Freaking crooks. I hate doing business in RSA!

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I had the same experience in placing a deposit a couple of years ago. My bank had proof of it leaving and the outfitters bank never showed receiving it and after over a month of arguing about it we found out that there was an intermediary bank that was used and they did not know where it came from or what to do with it so they just waited for someone with documentation to claim it. Thankfully it was resolved.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well hell, guys- somebody has to pay for Zumaville( do a google search if you are unfamiliar with Zumaville- and it's cost!!)

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13447 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Come on guys, it is called "affirmative action," that together with BEE & BEEE & BBEEE, [Black economic empowerment to various degrees] which means that according to Labour Legislation and according to the much vaunted "New, best in the World National Constitution," white folk must give way to tribesmen who still have to figure out how to open a phuken door. Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
come on mate. they know how to open a door. you just get a running start and.........

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13447 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
about right !!!! Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote