THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Re: Flexible Steel Cable for Scoring antlers?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Flexible Steel Cable for Scoring antlers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have seen the official SCI measuring kits, but don't think the cables are pre-marked. Check with SCI Trophy page. We have found that the waterproof white vinyl tapes found in the sewing depts. work the best for all of our measuring of horns and antlers.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase a graduated 9pre marked cable for scoring purposes? Would appreciate any info.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
They are not pre-marked but go to a motorcycle repair shop and buy a clutch cable. They work great!

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Blank, I'll check that out. I haven't been able to turn up a cable on internet searches, but I have seen them before.
Regards-Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote