THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    questions about lopes in SD, and maybe transporting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

questions about lopes in SD, and maybe transporting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
OK guys, a couple of questions. I will be archery hunting antelope in SD in late august. If i am successful, I would like a mount done. are there any good taxidermists located in western SD? I am pretty picky and don't mind paying for high quality work. I would also like to talk to my potential taxidermists before I go hunting.

If i cannot find a good taxidermist out there, how can i transport (I'm flying) my cape and horns back to Virginia to find a taxidermist here. can i just pack them in a cooler with the meat and check the cooler? If i will have to ship them to get to me, I could then I guess ship them to any taxidermist in the country.

Also, if you are a taxidermist in SD or VA, could you either post some lope pics or email them to me coopermb133 at gmail dot com

i am leaning towards a pedestal mount if successful, i'm not sure yet.
thanks.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend of the family, Rocking Heart Ranch, Mr. Scherbarth. google him. (or the ranch). Hunts. Taxi' and just over the border from western SD. Sure there are others. He I know about. luck.

One of Us
Picture of Coomer
posted Hide Post
e-mail sent

Coome Custom Taxidermy Studio

Posts: 26 | Location: Sioux Falls South Dakota | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With Quote