THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    how would you mount a cub?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how would you mount a cub?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a black bear cub i want to full body mount. it weighed maybe 60lbs. its 44in from nose to tail. anyone have one mounted,just looking for ideas.

Posts: 181 | Location: virginia,usa | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
I personally feel the best way to mount a small bear (on a commercial form) is on a limb and place it a bit high in your trophy room. They make smaller bear forms for that purpose.

Example:

Many beautiful small bears have been mounted in many different positions with the carcass cast method, which requires the animals carcass to make a unique, original pose.

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Mary,

That's a beautiful mount!

~Ann

Posts: 19234 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ann, will pass that on to Chris. I will be PMing you soon with some pictures and info.

Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
Mary, thanks for that photo. Somehow I've always had a dumbass block on just how to decorate or form that McKenzie log into realism. Your idea of the bark simply went right over my head. Great looking work.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
here is my little guy. long story, another time, maybe...

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a little guy for a coffee table, sorry it's the only pic I took, not great....

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote