New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Boots
 Login/Join

Picture of BrianTX
posted
Has anyone had custom cowboy boots made from their Cape buffalo hides? Starting to look into it and how much leather would be needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 22 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 01 September 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Buddy,
Maida's in Houston on Westheimer makes incredible custom leather works/boots etc. They've been around since like 1905, completely custom dad and 2 sons run it...4 generation. It's amazing!

https://www.maidas.com/

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would also recommend Armando’s in Raymondville, have a pair of custom elephants coming from them any day now!

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've got pairs of Ele and Cape Buffalo in Noconas, but they are commercial pairs, not my own hides. The eles have a spcific serial number stamped in them that must comport with the ele hide used. whisk(e)yhunter: please post pics of your customs when they arrive! Would love to see them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
*mine are Armando’s hides, haven’t hunted elephant or even been to Africa yet but super excited to go next year for plains game. Hope to get a pair of kudu rough-outs made from that trip.

Will definitely post pics once I get these though!

Posts: 148 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem I've had is getting suitable leather. I've got quite a bit of nice buffalo leather, but it's suitable for a leather jacket, not boots or a belt. My efforts to get heavier leather have been unsuccessful thus far.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote