Find
Notify
Tools

Kudu redo in the works
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Rowdy Woodson is fixing me up -- 2005 Eastern cape kudu being remounted at Woods & Water. Hope it looks like the middle one!! Smashing work. (Sorry fellers, he lives just close enough to me to make the difference and I want at least ONE top quality shoulder mount like I see posted here all the time.)

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it looks like either kudu pictured, I think you'll be happy. I do like the turned pose better than the front on alert pose.

Post some pics when it is done. Love seeing nice taxidermy work.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Will do. Here's from another wall at Rowdy's!!

Posts: 4854 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I had the ceiling height to do a wall mount for mine. I have to do a pedestal.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to downsize for imgur until I watched Hannay's video.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...0106691/m/2521072332

Thanks!!

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Soon!

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
They did a great job,Turned out very nice, now you can enjoy looking at him. tu2

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
They did a great job. Turned out very nice, now you can enjoy looking at him.[QUOTE]

Grinning like a mule eating briars every time I pass him. Y'all professionals probably DO know what it means to us, but please accept kudos from a little guy who got to participate in the wonder of art reflecting the hunting experience. Grafton probably remembers the augmentation I did on the right horn trying to make the old mount better. Rowdy did exactly what I asked and my Eastern cape kudu now looks "right". Thanks for the comment, Jerry. I really enjoy the professional photos of work you guys on this forum do. It makes me happy!

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Hunkering down during Harvey much better with a kudu redo near you. dancing