New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full Body Civet Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Someone here must be able to help me out. I shot a civet in Zim in 2010 and it's been in the freezer at the taxidermist ever since waiting for the right time to mount it. Have any of you got photos of a full mounted civet? They're not something you see all that often but I'd like to see some examples so that I have an idea when I talk to the taxidermist. He'll probably be happy to have the thing out of his freezer.

Thanks boys.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
Just check out some Taxidermists websites ... Animal Artistry, Monarch Taxidermy, etc. There are a limited number of mannikins out there, and your Taxidermist should know where to get them. He should also have the skill and ability to make a custom body for this specimen! Wink

What you need to do, is find pictures of live Civet in a pose you like, and tell your Taxidermist "I like this ... can you do it?"

Best of luck to you!

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote