Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colo. Springs Taxidermist
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist in the Colorado Springs area. If succesful this fall I would like to have the work done there and shipped home.

Thanks Jay,

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
You just don't want to go to anyone for African work, a deer, sure but not African items.
Here is a truly full time studio with great artistry, no sales tax, huge shipping discounts and priced for the regular guy--check them out. www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oakman,

Welcome to the board, great first post. Roll Eyes

Maybe it's just me but I think Stratus is looking for a taxidermist in the Colorado Springs area because he will be hunting in the area. I don't think he will be hunting African trophies in Colorado. Big Grin

Safari Taxidermy by:John Baker
www.safaritaxidermy.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas , USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Stewart Valentine is in the Colorado Springs area, but I have heard he has been having business problems. Stewart does fine quality work.

I would highly recommend John Lager in the Denver area for your taxidermy needs. He is a National Champion, Best all Around taxidermist and a great guy to work with.

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it's just me but I think Stratus is looking for a taxidermist in the Colorado Springs area because he will be hunting in the area. I don't think he will be hunting African trophies in Colorado.

Ha Ha,

thanks JP, your right on that. I hunt Colarado every year with a friend who lives there. This year were going after Antelope.

He doesn't have much expierence with Taxidermist(never gets mounts done).

Mary, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that.

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote