THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    I want to sell my Trophies

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to sell my Trophies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where should I advertise to sell my Trophies? Most are from Africa

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Besides a taxidermist, I see them for sale at gun auctions, estate sales, antique businesses that work with decorators. Fine trophy mounts can bring good money.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are companies that specialize in that line of work, from what I saw and for the life of me I don't recall there names they won't give you all that much. Your best bet is to donate them to a charitable organization who either has use for them or will auction them off. there fore your value would be much higher, beauty is in the beholder

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's will buy them. I was very happy with the price they gave me ,for what at the time, was the Idaho State record archery pronghorn.

They were very fair and easy to work with.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given that, I'd approach Cabelas. Other than that, and looking at my own trophies, they are only worth something to me. My kids don't care about them.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote