THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Best taxidermist for sheep?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best taxidermist for sheep?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who do y'all like for a desert bighorn? Bonus points if they're in Texas, but it's not an absolute requirement. I heard Jerry Huffaker retired, otherwise he'd be at the top of the list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris Harlow in Tucson is very good.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
Trust me on this one give the guys a Dakota taxidermy in Bismarck North Dakota a call they have won many awards with their full body sheet mounts!

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a desert sheep with Double Nickle Taxidermy right now. They came highly recommended and have been easy to work with. They are located in New Braunfels Tx.

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. Anyone have any experience with Clay Goldman at Mogollon?

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Robert Major in Las Cruces, Nm did my wild barbery sheep from 2020. It is really amazing.

Not sure where you live, but he is the best Taxidermist within 300 miles of El Paso.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I took my Desert Ram to Wildlife Revolution in Sparks, Nevada. Joe Zweifel, owner of Wildlife Revolutions, used to work at Animal Artistry. They do a lot of Desert Sheep every year and are excellent. I’m very pleased with how my ram turned out.

Posts: 3852 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additional recommendations, guys. Beautiful sheep (and mount), DLS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
James Newport
Mesquite creek taxidermy
He is in Texas.
Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Marcus Zimmerman in Martinsburg Pa

Posts: 124 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post