THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    what to do w/ small antelope

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what to do w/ small antelope
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
This is how I had my common Duiker done. I think it's a nice way to go w/o spending the amount on a full mount.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That would look nice on an office desk, wouldn't take up too much room. I never really wanted to shoot a duiker or other small african animal, but that would be a good way to display one.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Sevens, that's what I thought too, but I had a day to kill & the PH said "let's go chase a DUiker about". It was almost the most fun I had on the trip. Kind of like hunting jackrabbits in the tall grass. Chased several around for about 4 hours then ended up shooting this monster about 100yds from the truck!

one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Half mounts can be interesting as well:

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like that, very well done

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I like that mount too. I thought a trio of small ones pedestal style would also be nice.

one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
Pedestal mounts are so beautiful and a breath of fresh air in the displaying of animals.
Wall pedestals are another favorite of mine.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
I like wall pedistals as well.

Sorry the pic isn't so good, but you get the Idea. I've always been a fan of full mounts, and I get them when I can. My taxidermist does some incredible mounts, he's the best I've seen yet on capturing that "moment."

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
I meant actual wall pedestal 'shoulder mount' - sorry
* offset shoulder mount that includes the back of the shoulder and finished with either hide or suede at the rear*.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Something I had done with a mini that is different enough that I haven't seen another was to have a Klipspringer half body mount done right in a corner with a corner fitting rock for the front feet. The Klipspringer is facing out of the corner at 45 degrees. Stangely, it seems to be a real favorite of people observing my trophy room.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
For some reason my pics changed, sorry! Goofy crap happening to my server again. Poltergeists I think. They always come in and rearrange my photos.

I like these steenbok. I took the female on the urging of my taxidermist, specifically for this mount.

Gives a little more life to a trophy setting to make it a pair, I think.

Another view-