Find
Notify
Tools

Salted Gemsbok cape
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
I've got a male gemsbok cape from last years hunt in Namibia that I am not going to use. This cape was salted as part of the post hunt work on this trophy with the idea of trading it for some credit against the other work that the taxidermist was going to do for me. Well I changed taxidermist after the hunt was concluded and the guy I'm using now has no interest in the cape and since I already have one gemsbok shoulder mount on the wall, I don't need another. So I'm looking for a use for this cape (tho not necessarily used by myself). I know excess capes are sometimes sold outright and thats a idea I'm okay with, so if anyone out there needs a gemsbok cape let me know. I have no idea of its worth as such, and since its salted I can't explain or tell what shape its in, other than the previously stated "salted". It was skinned from the animal within hours after being shot and was skinned well past the shoulders, so should be plenty long for a shoulder mount. Let me hear what you taxidermists think?

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote