Find
Notify
Tools

croc hide options
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
when i shot a 15 ft croc in Moz a few years ago, i debated what to do with the hide, since i already has a rug with head on from a 14 footer the previous year. i decided to keep the skull and have the belly, legs and neck hide glazed tanned for leather goods. when i received the hide, next question was who to get make some gun cases( tote bags, purses, wallets etc. could wait). enter Legends Taxidermy in Michigan. i found their booth at the DCS convention in Jan and they had some very nice gun cases for sale made from game hides. asked if they could make a case from my croc hide. long story short- no problem. sent the hide to them with an order for 2 cases with exact dimensions i wanted. this is the end result. bear in mind that Walden and Bork and Murray leather both wanted at least $800 a piece for the 2 cases. these were $200 a piece and the workmanship is excellent with full length brass zippers, closed cell foam padding,and they are made to match a pattern i sent them on a piece of butcher paper. the handles, which wrap completely around the case and are sewn and riveted, are made from cape buffalo hide imprinted with an elephant hide pattern, which they furnished for free

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13447 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can they also make belts? I have some friends that want belts from my croc hide and I do not want to spend an arm and a leg, I have seen prices of $200 a belt.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i seem to recall seeing belts at their DSC booth but i am not sure. just Google Legends Taxidermy, get the phone number and give them a call. i have been dealing with Amy and she is really helpful.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13447 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote