THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Rock Chuck (aka, yellow bellied marmot)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Chuck (aka, yellow bellied marmot)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
Okay, finished a short trip this week in central OR and managed to whack a few rock chucks and one was left in pretty decent shape (.204 Ruger blows em up pretty bad)and I have decided to get it mounted. Anyone have any mount pictures to share? I have a pretty good idea on how I'd like to see this one done up, but never hurts to ask about pictures of mounted animlas.
Thanks,
Willi

Posts: 578 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Willi,

I have posted a few pictures of juvenile cinnamon marmots playing, arctic ground squirrels and a prairie dog to give you a few ideas on poses for small mammals. All of these mounts are carcass cast from the animals skinned body and a one of a kind form was made for each mount. (The prairie dog is available from a taxidermy supply company that Chris sculpts forms for.)

juvenile marmots:
won - 3rd best small mammal group in the World

Arctic ground squirrels:
won - 2nd best small mammal group in the World

prairie dog:
won - National Small Mammal Champion

Krueger's Creations Taxidermy
Chris Krueger
halflingrugger@cox.net

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
those are impressive Mary, especially the ground squirrels tu2

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote