Find
Notify
Tools

Muntjac Shoulder Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Afternoon,
After 18 years of trying (and many many muntjac)I finally shot a large CIC medal muntjac. He's caped and in the freezer and will be going to my taxidermist next week.
I would like to suggest to him how I would like it positioned etc.
Knowing how great the US taxidermy is compared to most of the UK's stuff I wondered if anyone had had one done, and if you could share the photos?
Thank you

Posts: 261 | Location: Invercargill | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry, i've never killed one so can't help you there but i(and probably others) would sure like to see a picture if you have one. and congrats!!

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll try and take photos of mine, but Claire Fowler @ Freedom Taxidermy did amazing (US-quality) taxidermy on my Muntajcs and CWD.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
here's one we have mounted.

Posts: 215 | Location: colyfornnia | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Orvar that would be fantastic thank you. I'm using Colin Dunton for my mounts, but agree Claire does very good work.
Maxart, thank you. Lovely detail and unusual to see one in velvet.
I dont have a very good picture of this particular buck as the light was nearly completely gone, and I'm useless with photobucket. If anyone want to see them I can happily email.
Thank you for the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Max art very nice !!!!!!!

DIE WITH MEMORIES NOT DREAMS

Posts: 41 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I need one of those!!!!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have a muntjac yet, hopefully in August when I am in your neck of the woods one will come my way. But the small African antelope that I have done as table pedestals which the mount is like the pictures above and then put on a small rock as the base. Then they can be set on a table, bookselve or whatever. I know that when my mom visits she is all ways trying to steal them.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David
Thank you. I had thought about doing that, but I have a big collection of muntjac skull mounts and I want to put a shoulder mount above them on the wall. Well what I actually want is three shoulder mounts above them on the wall - but thats a project for the next couple of years.
I suspect if you get one in August it will be in velvet, so will look similar to Maxarts one above.
The bucks are just starting to drop their antlers, and should be back in full hard antler at the end of August/September.