THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Whitetail head may to many hole for taxidermy ????

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whitetail head may to many hole for taxidermy ????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Put a nice whitetail down tuesday.Shot going away ,45/70.Bullet entered ,came out upper neck side leaving two openings in neck flesh.One 3/4",one 5/8".But it gets worse.As though it wont die with 400 grains ripping from stem to stern,buddy puts a win. failsafe through the ear(1/4" hole) and out the bottom of the neck 1" exit.Is this thing scrap or going to look like crap?Its only 8 point,but its the weirdest 8 rack youve ever seen,about a 24" spread.I dont want to turf it,and I'm not into this head swap stuff.HELP.Thanks in advance guys.

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
you'd be surprised what your taxidermist can hide.....take it to him and talk it over.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Charger,

By the way your explaining it it sounds like it's repairable. A good taxidermist with a fine needle can do wonders with a little time. I've repaired worse, I had one come in with 24 buck shot holes trough the shoulder, neck & head! The client wanted his cape, I fixed it, alot of time but it looked great. Good luck with it...............

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fallas,you've given me hope.