THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Ear pliers for BIG game ears ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ear pliers for BIG game ears ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted
I'm about to start my season guiding in the NT again on Water Buffalo & Banteng
One of the worst jobs is splitting the ears on Buff, most times wet & mud covered, a lot at night when I'm stuffed & insects are eating me & now I'm getting older knifing open the ears is a real pain in the half light.

We have tried the old type normal pliers & these are a no go, any one got a great new, extra strong pliers or maybe break through idea for these ears, I have not done a Cape Buffs ears but these could be hard to.

May be a small hole & compressed air ?

Thanks for any news !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Sarg sent you th info let me know fo you get it
DENNIS

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dennis I got it, sorry to say the tongs will not work, but I will give the other a try !

Regards

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
A product called the Ear Wizard may be what you are looking for?
http://www.taxidermy.net/forum.../topic,269518.0.html

Ear Wizard Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...1Pc&feature=youtu.be

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
That Ear Wizard looks good, but still to light for a Buff ear, I dont know if you guys have done any Buffalo or Banteng ears, but you will just break the handles on the normal pliers, knife work all the way, take ages, worse when we shot Old Bulls mainly & many have banged up torn ears ?

Thank you for the replies !