THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Pronghorn Antelope Wall Pedestal Mount

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pronghorn Antelope Wall Pedestal Mount
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
I'm looking for pictures of a pronghorn mounted on an upright wall pedestal. Been searching the web and haven't found much and haven't had too much time. So, I would appreciate any help from you.

Thanks in advance,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to mckenziesp.com and look through their shoulder mounts. They usually have some pics of mounted wall pedistal antelope. search Joe Coombs or Mears taxidermy supplies as they also have pics, but I am not sure of thier web addresses.

I havn't mounted an antelope wall ped in 5 years. Not much of a demand for it.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I have 4 pronghorns on in the pedestal mount postion, but they are all attached to a tree, I'll take some photo's today and post them tonight

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Thanks Widow. I'd appreciate the photos.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey we all wanted to see the pics. Well I did any way.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
WidowMaker,

I would also like to see those pictures. Thanks.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Ok, finally got photo's thumb

Sorry for the hold up,

This photo is of the 4 Pronghorns, 1 doe and 3 Bucks, good way to mount them or any other shoulder moubts if your running out of space or you just don't have the space:

Here's a photo from the backside, the finished backs

here's another angle:

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Widow,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I really like the idea of the wall pedestal mount.

However, since you're a taxidermist, how much skin would be required to have a 'lope mounted this way. Normal shoulder mounts for deer I usually start somewhere around the last rib forward. Would this be an acceptable place to start for the wall pedestal as well?

Thanks for the help,

Graybird

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Graybird.

I wish I had clients like you! (taking that much cape is great!) On a Pedestal mount take right in front of the hind quarters, remember the old but good saying, "Better to much then an inch short!)

Hey look at that! 1000 posts and counting!

Widowmaker416

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures.

I like that , It could work for others too.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing pronghorn tree!! Thanks for posting the photos

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
blasier93,

Yes, you could put any kind of critter on it, mixing them too would look great.

I have 2 more Pronghorns to add to it, then I will install the motor so the whole thing turns slowly

Widowmaker416

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the idea of your mount- it looks great.

quote:
I have 2 more Pronghorns to add to it, then I will install the motor so the whole thing turns slowly

How about a disco globe light just above it SmilerBig Grin

Just kidding, I think that the slow rotation will always add a fresh perspective and might actually not look chessy.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
After asking all the questions, I thought it would be inappropiate to include the completed pictures. I certainly thank all of the comments! I don't think I went wrong in my decision at all.

Graybird

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Good choice Graybird! Mount looks good. The wall pedastal is the way to go.

Not to offend you, but, give the mount a little twist, move the horns alittle towards the Nyala. It will look better.....

Nice room by the way! thumb

Widowmaker416