New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pheasant Mounts ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two roosters that I want to have mounted in a habitat scene. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can accomplish this and show the true beauty of these birds?

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a hundred ways to do this. I suggest getting with a taxidermist in the Lubbock area and ask to see pictures of his work or if he could steer you to someone who does what you want. I suggest you look at Van Dykes Taxidermy supply website (owned by Cabelas) for some ideas on tables or display cases. They are many good bird taxidermists that can do what you want.

I would check the Texas Taxidermists Association as well. They will have a website.

Posts: 10260 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danny Owens will be doing my taxidermy. He is the guy that sculpted many of the forms for birds that Van Dykes sells.
We have a couple of ideas but it will take him about a year to complete the work. I am looking for an original idea that will show his talents as well as the beauty of the birds.

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
You won't do much better than Danny for a bird mount! He's one of the few who can mount a mourning dove and keep all of the feathers!!

How about a fighting scene . . . have one on it's back with the other on top , , , both with spread wings and the spurs flyin' . . .

Just make shre he doesn't put them TOO close together or they may not be fightin'!!

Good luck!

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote