New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxidermist in Arizona?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul D
posted
Hello all. I am going to Namibia next year and I need a referral to a good taxidermist in the Phoenix area who has African experience and familiar with importation logistics. This will be my 2nd African hunt. My first hunt was in Zambia in 2009. If fact, I was one of the 4 hunters that D. Nelson was referring to in her hunt report Link. It was the first time I had hunted ANYTHING...EVER. It was successful. I took 12 animals including a SCI record book Kafue Leschwe. However, the AZ taxidermist my friend recommended was a nightmare. It took 3 years to get all of my trophies back and he went bankrupt 9 months ago without notifying me. I'm ready to go back so I will need a new taxidermist. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 7 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
do a search here or Google for Mary Hilliard Kruger(sp??) she and her husband Chris are absolutely top notch and and can meet all your requirements

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13230 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Two I can highly recommend who have done plenty of work for me. Both have done lots of African critters.

Chris Krueger -- Krueger Creations - 623-582-0237 (near 15th Ave., just south of the 101)

Marc Plunkett - Wildlife Creations -- 928-567-6890 (located in Camp Verde)

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
sorry i mis-spelled the name but it is indeed Krueger Creations Taxidermy. in addition to running his shop, Chris also is a world class competition judge and a genuinely nice guy. when i had him do 2 full body mounts of a suni and a red duiker, he asked for pictures showing the surrounding habitat in order to recreate the habitat for the base- and both were perfect! i have had work done by 2 different taxidermist in the US and 2 in RSA and nothing compares to the quality work he does.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Our own Scott Kendrix (Scottyboy) did a fantastic Coue's for me. I think Scott lives near Tucson.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 1 for the Krugers!! Been there, done that.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Plus 1 for the Krugers!! Been there, done that.

Larry Sellers

Larry:

How about posting some pics of that leopard rug Mary did for you?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will - The Leopard rug is on the wall, so pics might be a little rough. I promise I will try and get some pics up over the weekend. I thought Mary was going to post some, but guess she is too busy.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
I have gotten so far behind getting pictures posted. If I had a wife I could get a lot more done! Wink

Here is Larry's leopard rug. We went with a short scalloped leather border, carpet back and hangers. This rug will stay nice and flat on the wall.

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Hilliard-Krueger:
I have gotten so far behind getting pictures posted. If I had a wife I could get a lot more done! Wink

Ain't that the truth. Roll Eyes

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Hahaaa, Tony! Working on yours right now! Cool

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul D
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Mary and Chris today. I think I found my new taxidermist. Thanks all for your guidance.

Posts: 7 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you will not regret your decision- superb work and the nicest folks to trust your trophies to!