THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    How much is a Tiger skin rug worth?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much is a Tiger skin rug worth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
Hey guys, I have a couple antique Tiger skin rugs. I was just curious how much something like this might be worth. One is a pretty large male with an open mouth....the second is smaller and a female I would guess with the same open mouth display. They are from early 1900's.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
I thought something like that would be illegal in Berkeley?

Confused

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really chancey to sell something like that unless you have them verified and registered with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife people. If you sell them without documentation and they make it across a state line it is a violation of the Lacey Act and that opens up all kinds of nasty issues.

Now to answer your question, you see them listed on EBAY every once in a while and they usually bring about $2K each.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure they are registered. They are actually in San Diego. My parents bought a house and they came with it. I think a Cites permit could be obtained. They aren't interested in selling them, I was just curious what they might be worth.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted Hide Post
I had a client show me a tiger rug she bought at an estate auction. It was very nice for 30 ys old.
She paid $3,500 australian. (if thats any help?)

Animal Art Taxidermy.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they can only be sold legally within the state they are in. The ones I have seen sold were around $3,000 + or -.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
They are worth 3 to 5 thousand, depends on the condition of the skin. it can be legally sold, but it must remain in the state, no matter what permits you have, it can not cross state lines.

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Last I checked, they are worth about 5 years in jail if you get caught buying or selling them without all of the paper work! Smiler Big Grin

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote