New
Find
Notify
Tools

few capes for sell...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a kudu cape (my personal bull) that I would like to sell.. I did a euro mount with the bull and just don't need the cape. It is 10X28 and wet tanned by Western Skies Tannery in SL, UT. Great stretch on the cape. No hair slippage at all, although the epi did slip a bit in a couple of places. Only 2 very minor skinner's cuts. One in the chin, the other right above one eye. Asking 300.00 for the kudu cape. You pick up the shipping, and it's yours.

Also have a couple of tanned impalas tanned by Quality Fur Dressing in TX. They are dry tanned (hydrated and frozen) and are both 14X6 and in great shape. I'll ask for 100.00 a piece for these.. Again, you pick up the shipping. Usually 15-20$.

I also have a wet tanned northern MT whitetail cape. It is frozen. I believe it is 7 1/4X 19 It is a beautiful reddish colored cape taken in Nov. Thick hair. I just have no use for it. I'll sell it for 75.00.

Not trying to really make any money on these, just figured I'd try to get what I have into them and let someone get a good cape for a decent price. If anyone is intersted, you can either PM me or just reply here.

Thanks guys.

Scotty

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
I might be interested in one of the impala capes. I shot one in Namibia last year, had the hide done as a rug and just kept the euro skull mount. Turns out this 2008 impala is bigger by 4 inches than the first one I shot (and had shoulder mounted) in SA in 2003.

How long can a guy keep a cape before having it used on a mount. Are these capes big enough for a 22 in approx impala for doing a wall pedestal mount? Is one cape better than the other?

Like you said either PM or answer here.

BTW, know of anyone interested in a salted/dried bull ( 37 in horn) gemsbok cape (its an extra that I have.

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Willi,
sorry for the tardy reply.. Impala capes both sold.. still have the kudu and MT wt capes..

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote