Find
Notify
Tools

Convert to pedestal?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 375 AI
posted
I have a shoulder mount fallow. Is it possible to convert this to a pedestal mount? If it can be done. How is it done?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it can.

You will need a pedestal and some brackets to attach the mount to the pedestal. These can be bought or custom made. Some type of covering on the back of the mount will make it look nice.

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WA, can you tell us where to get the ped and bracket? Or show a photo of the bracket.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WA,
What would you recommend for covering the back of the mount?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also take a look at the following website. That would give you a different look with your regular mount.

WWW.ANIMALSINMOTION.NET

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cover them in a premium quality buckskin. I have a local machine shop make the brackets for me.
I can make you one with a habitat look or just pain wood top. There is a guy that lives not to far away from me that has made some fantastic pedestal bases for me. He can make them in oak,walnut and beech thats stained. They are solid wood and built like a tank.
I'm doing what I call a "Conversion" of a cape buff for a fellow member here on AR. It should be finished in a few weeks(I'm waiting on the base to be made).
If someone here needs something done send me a private message. I will do all I can to help.

Best wishes
Steve

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote