New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughters first mount
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My daughter mounted this ram with the helpful eye of a taxidermist friend of mine. He mounted one beside her and she followed along step by step. All that needs done now is painting.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
WOW! Pretty impressive! Nice eye shape - the "tear duct" looks good - ear position good - the symmetry is fantastic (better than a lot of "experienced" taxidermists).

Get her hooked up with the Texas Taxidermy Assocation so she can go to their state convention. She'll be in heaven.

Great job!

In the fire station!!!??? Great idea! No shop overhead . . . can sleep between mounts . . . etc. You guys always had it good! (remarks from a retired cop! moon)

JDS

And so if you meet a hunter who has been to Africa, and he tells you what he has seen and done, watch his eyes as he talks. For they will not see you. They will see sunrises and sunsets such as you cannot imagine, and a land and a way of life that is fast vanishing. And always he will will tell you how he plans to go back. (author: David Petzer)

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Nice job -- congratulations to both of you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
You go girl!!!

It looks like she did a great job!! Walker, you have to be a proud papa!! That is a great series of photos.

Congrats,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From someone who has fooled with taxidermy (and I mean FOOLED),CONGRATS! Fine job,young lady!

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
very nice job.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, great job on the ram. But your daughter is pretty, too and those long locks are gorgeous. My daughter would love to know her secret. although i told her, first off, just don't cut it.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She is very fortunate to have Jimmy to guide her through the mount. It has to be a lot easier than learning on your own.
I don't think she has cut her hair in 12 years.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote