Find
Notify
Tools

Barbary Lion Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted
Hi all! Well, this old guy has been around and has appeared on a few sites. Without any prior knowledge I was honored when the owners and publishers of Breakthrough Magazine put his picture on the cover before he ever entered his first competition!

After his competition "career", he appeared on the covers of American Taxidermist Magazine, the International Taxidermist Magazine, and the WASCO Summer 1999 Catalog ... including the cover of the book I wrote about how this Big Cat and others are mounted ... so I thought I would introduce him to you all here.

This is an African Lion of the Barbary Lion strain that I mounted back in 1997. The tanned skin was a gift from my wife shortly after we were married, and I kept him in the deep freeze for nearly ten years before finally taking him out to be mounted.

This is a BIG boy ... measuring 10-feet 8-inches tip to tip, and 47-inches tall at the shoulders! He is what I coinsider my all-time "Dream Lion" mount ... a big male, relaxed and overseeing his Kingdom.

I hope you enjoy my Pride and Joy ... and the Joy of my Pride!

Thanks,
John Bellucci,
Master Taxidermist.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at one of my "personal best" Taxidermy pieces.

And this is an outdoor shot I took on our way to the IGT (International Guild of Taxidermy) Convention and Competition.

He did pretty well for himself there, earning Judges Choice Best of Show; and in the Master Division -- First Place, Best of Category Large Mammal.

Here is the cover of the book I wrote ...

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote