Find
Notify
Tools

wasps nest source?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted
if a fella were looking for a wasps nest to use with a bear mount, is there a source for such an item? for some reason i thought van dykes had them, but no love there.

heath

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have friends in Wisconsin that collect them. Might check with Wisconsin DNR and see if anyone up there has them for sale. I can't believe there would be an issue of selling them...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with or without the wasps? Big Grin

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Yup, I sometimes find them in October when archery season starts. Last year some hornets built one one my utility trailer frame. I was amazed how large it got in such a short amount of time. Neat stuff.

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
start looking for them after the 1st frost hits and all the bees are dead in leaf trees after the leafs all fall-but before the winter winds hit... patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote